Isn't it funny??

How teenagers think they have it so much harder than we did when we were teens? Didn't we tell our parents the same thing? They told their parents, etc. Lets see...last I remember, I didn't have an iPod, Wii, Playstation, Computer/Laptop, cell phone, etc. My parents never had that or CD player, TV, and so forth and so forth. Man, teens today, even teen mothers, have it made compared to "back in the day". That's what happens when they get so used to "the norm" that they don't know how bad/hard it really was and how much easier kids have it nowadays. Too bad they did away with corporal punishment. Maybe if they got their butts beat every once in a while, they would have more respect! Spoiled brats! Be thankful for what you have and thankful to those who give it to you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No kidding. If I would've talked the way some of these teens talk today...I would have got my ass beat on a daily basis.
    Anonymous

• I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• We don't have that right now...to beat their ass. It's abuse ya know. OMG if it was considered abuse when my ass was getting beat, my mom would have spent her whole life in prison. I turned out just fine.
    Anonymous

• you are so right, sometimes I wonder how the hell did our motheres/grandmothers did it... no dipers, no premade baby food, and other baby stuff that make our life so much easyer
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• As someone who is younger (27) I'm really ashamed when I see parents my age or in their 30's that do not discipline their kids! Even though it is a sterotype, if i see a teen mom letting her kid act out, it doesn't bother me as much cause i figure she doesn't know any better (or have any good role models herself) But when people my age let their kids talk back and run wild it really gets me p-o'd! I am pretty darn liberal thinking and my kids enjoy a very open relationship with me and do a lot of things my mom doesn't really get...BUT even she is proud that my kids listen to me and don't talk back or run wild in public. To me the best thing in the world is getting compliments from complete strangers in public about how well behaved and polite my children are.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Most teens today would not survive what I grew up with. An outside toilet, a well for water. The garden was our grocery store. Coal for heat. Ringer wasing machine, hang clothes on line to dry them. It took work and sometimes back breaking work to survive. I can't tell you how many buckets of water and coal I have carried in my lifetime.They're cluseless as to how hard some of us older people had it.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 5:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009