About CraigsList...

if you go their, have you ever noticed the sections about relationships? How you can use it as a dating service, and how you can find prostitutes? And now someone is finally trying to end that. They are being sued.

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Someone should sue Red Tube for giving access to free porn over the internet. I'm talking "hard core" porn!!! How is that legal???
    Anonymous

• How is that legal???

How is it not?

And exactly what grounds does anyone have to sue Craigslist? That's ridiculous.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Because they are promoting prostitution!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i used craigslist and i have never even noticed it and yeah if you go to the site and look there is that stuff on there. i think that they should just close that section.

who the hell would actully meet with someone that they met on there that is so unsafe. that is screaming please kidnap, rap and kill mel
    Anonymous

• theres an erotic services section
    Anonymous

That is grounds for the police to investigate them and for the DA to prosecute them, assuming they actually want to spend the money on something that Craigslist has plausible deniability for. Those prostitution ads violate their TOS, therefore it is the poster's responsibility, not Craigslist.

Either way, that's not grounds for someone to sue them for civil damages. Exactly what damages are they claiming by voluntarily browsing a section of a website called "casual encounters"? Are they objecting that the women they called expected cash instead of giving it up for free?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We look at CL all the time. We found our dog on there, and I find furniture to refinish. I looked at the rants and raves, in other cities and countries. That was very entertaining. I have always wondered why people would post looking for relationships there. I'm almost afraid to look. They do need to delete the erotic services part though, that definatly is promoting prostitution, which does happen to be illegal, correct?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Nope

This explains it better.  It's no different than the "erotic services" section of your local newspaper and your yellow pages.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Wanna hear something funny? One of my ex best friends was arrested in a prostitution sting that used CL for to find their johns.

I don't believe they have any right to sue. Let the law handle it.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 6:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Ok, I'm not sure it's an individual, or a fed org. that is sueing. K? Also, I looked yesterday, the erotic part was gone.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2009