14 months wants to throw his food

here recently my son has decieded that he wants to throw his food at the table he still sits in a chair and has no problems with that but he wants to throw his food and bottle. is anyone else having this problem or any advice on how to get him to stop? thanks

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe he is trying to tell you he is done eating lol my DD is 14 months old she she eats her dinner but I knowtest that when she is done she starts throwing it on the floor so maybe that is why your son is hrowing it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i used to have that problem. then i started making them get down and pick up their mess and tried to tell them and teach them that if and when they get done either tell me done or push your plate away from you to tell me your done.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 5:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My 14 month old son has started throwing food that he doesn't like on the floor and then turning his plate over - when he does that I take his plate away, wipe his hands and put him away from the table, I think he is finally learning that if he wants to continue to eat he needs to quit dumping his plate!
    twinsand2

Answer by twinsand2 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm a mom who spanks. So I'd spank my kid.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My son still does this at 17 months. Its a way for him to tell me he's done. I take his plate away as soon as he throws one piece of food and he doesn't get it. He has to stay in his chair for a couple of mins and then we let him out. They can't communicate yet so its a way for them to tell you tehy dont want any more. kids will eat until they are full so if he doesnt eat then dont worry he would if he was hungry.Don't get frustrated by it even though its really annoying,They will talk soon!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009