Crib Bumper??

So my son is a wild one when he wakes up. He likes to play and crawl around in his crub but sometimes he gets himself kinda stuck in the corner and im scared he is gunna suffocate himself. So what I am wondering is if a crib bumper is really important or can I take it out?

DessaG20

Asked by DessaG20 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can take it out. In fact, with a baby like this, I would definitely take it out.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• we didnt use one for very long at all. the only reason we did use it at all is cuz my son would stick his hands or feet through the bars in his sleep and i didnt want him to hurt himself.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• They have breathable bumpers now.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2529738
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I took my daughters bumpers out around 4 months when she was rolling all over the crib. They are so beautiful, it sucks that we only used them for such a short time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My son never used one because he would snuggle up to it and we were scared he would suffocate. Also when they get older you are supposed to take it out because babies can use them to climb up on to help them climb out of the crib.
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• take it out, i found my son once stuck under his, luckily he was screaming and i checked on him right away, they are never going back in there. he does get his legs stuck thru the bars of his crib sometimes in the morning, but thats alot safer than those bumpers
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 2:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2009