Magic Eraser

Have you used one?
Where did you get it, and how much did it cost?
What sort of mess did you use it on, and did it work well?
How long did it last?

[Thinking about getting one next time I'm at the store, but I want to get more opinions first...]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i use them all the time and they work on just about everything. how long does it last? that depends on the size of the mess you are cleaning. I work in a fairly large retail store and we use one to clean the spots off the walls and the floors so its definitely worth the money. i cant remember how much they cost though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I have used one
    I got it at the grocery store like giant eagle, walmart, acme anywhere has them it only cost i'd say about 3 or 4 dollars if that
    I thought it worked pretty well
    Depends on what you are cleaning with them mine usually lasts a long time more than a month or 2
    I cleaned scuff marks, carayons, and dirt off the walls, but I tried it for a pen and it wouldn't come off with that it gets off a lot of stuff though
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• They are the most wonderful invention ever. I use it everywhere in the house except on wood surfaces. Cleans walls like magic!!!!! (Thus the basis of its name) LOL! I highly recommend them. You can get them anywhere, but you can go to Target or Walmart and they even have their own generic brand that is just as good. Cost about $3-$4 a box and you get like 3 or 4 erasers in a box.
    Anonymous

• I should had mentioned it probably depends on how many are in a pack I am sure the more you get the more it cost usually comes in either one pack or two pack
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I love them. I pay about $2 for a box of 2. They clean everything
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 5:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The store brands work just as well, and are a little cheaper.
    Anonymous

• They're awesome! I use them in the bathroom, gets crayon off walls, floors, tables, scuff marks off linoleum, Kool-Aid off the counter tops, the only thing I've found that it hasn't taken out is ink pen. The generic brand is just as good as the Mr.Clean name brand. They're pretty cheap and even if they were a bit more expensive I'd still buy them cause they work so well.

ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have been meaning to buy one for a year now. My older sister swears by them - her kids are RIDICULOUS wall-colorers. It also takes those white scuff marks from a wall off of American Girl Doll's faces when they been shoved between the wall and the bunk bed.
    Anonymous

• I used it and it took the paint off my wall. I don't know if it was the type of paint? I'd say, try it in an inconspicuous area first just to test it to see if it's OK. I've since switched to other, gentler cleaners that are just as effective, if not moreso, from Melaleuca.
    mamacitax4

Answer by mamacitax4 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I used it when we bought our home. There were scratches on the walls in the kitchen. I think it was an egg shell based paint and it didn't take the paint off, but it did take the scratches off! Worked great! I tried it in the living room on a colored paint and it took some of the paint off so I stopped then. I bought it at Walmart and it was like $3 or $4
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009