Do you notice, um, big women that are very self confident?

Where do they get it from? I am much heavier then I was before kids, before my third one even. I didn't have much confidence then either. But I do wish I could accept what I have. Why don't they sell confidence at Wal-mart??

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I totally agree. Some of these bigger women put on their outfits, fix their hair all nice, put a smile on their faces and they don't give a sh*t what you or I think, they are going to have a good time! I truly admire these women. I would pay an astronomical amount of money just to have their confidence for a day:)
    Anonymous

• It's all a front. They feel like garbage on the inside so they try to do the best they can with the outside and hide all their pain. They are unhappy about their weight and if they could lose it they would. Some can't so they do what they can with what they have and make the best of it. I seriously doubt they are that confident on the inside.
    Anonymous

• I am big and I am confident. There are a couple of things to think about
    first your are more than your waist line. You are a person with talents and skills, you have all sorts of things going for you - and if you don't then you should be looking after this first
    Also who says big is ugly. I am beautiful. I know a lot of women who are half my size and they are not attractive people. Beauty is more then your size, it is how you take care of yourself, being clean and looking after yourself.
    But where I get most of my confidence from is the knowledge that I can look myself in the mirror and thing "you know what I am good person, and I try hard everyday. I am a good wife and a good mother." being able to believe in yourself is the most important thing there is
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 5:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm one of these women. I wasn't always, but with age and exhaustion from 3 kids I don't have the energy to care what people think anymore LOL. We went to Myrtle Beach in the fall and my 262 lb. self played with my kids out there in a bathing suit among little itsy-bitsy bikini clad girls. IDK why it changed, but it truly doesn't bother me. I don't love being heavy. I'm trying hard to make a lifestyle change to lose the weight and feel better physically, but in the meantime I don't want my weight to stop me from living life :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 5:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i am big and very confident. i dont really know why, i guess my parents taught me self confidence. somedays i feel like poop, but when i get dressed up i think i look good... then again im an avid Spanx wearer!!!!!! spanx makes me confident!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Anon 413 you couldn't be more wrong. I am a bigger girl and I am totally happy inside and out. I have been a skinny girl as well before I had my first baby I was 98 pounds, the day I went in to labor with her I was 106. By the time I got to my third and last baby I was 175 when I found out I was pregnant and 240 when I had him. I am now 220 and I'm fat and proud. The way I see it is if you don't like what you see don't look at it.
    Gena73

Answer by Gena73 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The only thing that bothers me about being a "bigger" girl is that I can't always buy the clothes that I want LOL Other than that I'm pretty confident. I talk with others easily, when I'm out or in groups people seem to gravitate towards me because I'm a character. I get both guys and girls that want to "holla" so, I'm cool LOL IDK I'm happy with where I am right now, no complaints from my man, if I ever get to a point where I really don't feel well, I'll work on it, but right now I'm happy as I am.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I admire their self esteem and confidence. I love that ....
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I always felt crappier when I was heavy than when I was skinny. Maybe they were always big and got used to themselves.
    Anonymous

• Nah maybe we know weight doesn't mean a thing, and it is who we are that matters. If someone is so shallow they cannot see us for who we are....flunk em!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2009