For jarred spaghetti sauce users...

Ragu or Prego? Or any other brand?
I am Ragu all the way, have been for YEARS!! And please, if you don't use it, don't answer this question to tell me you always make your own sauce, I don't have time for that and probably never will!
Just curious. Thanks!

7mom1977

Asked by 7mom1977 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I too am brand specific about certian things and this is one; we also are a Ragu family; but I don't use it straight out of the jar...I'll get either the plain or garlic sauce and then add my own meat and seasonings and stewed tomatoes etc to make it more "home-y"
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I use whatever is cheapest, but like beachmama, I just get plain sauce and add spices and other things. When you buy plain, they are all basically the same.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yes, I have to add to it also, but I like it because it doesn't have the sweetness that other sauces do.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I like Prego!
    Drea21

Answer by Drea21 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I do Prego, or whatever one is $1.00 that week. I get the mushroom one, add meat and stewed tomatoes and seasoning. Yum.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 10:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I use what ever is on sale then throw in fried chopped meat. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to make my own. Personally the walmart sauce is pretty good to us but I'll also use prego or ragu. When they are on sale I stock up. I just won't use the can ones like Hunts that is gross!

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Definitley Ragu. Prego is too sweet..I usually will add chopped garlic and dried basil to the sauce.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I like them both but like Ragu more.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Prego all the way.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I am very picky about my sauce, I grew up with homemade sauce. I use Prego once in a while. Ragu tends to be too sweet. I have used the sauce in a can, I think Campells. I really like Newman's Own or Bertolli.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009