If you do not believe in evolution how do you explain all the physical proof that backs the theory?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There isn't "physical" PROVEN proof. Evolution is a theory as well. The biggest crock is Carbon dating. Like the world has seriously been here for billions of years and this is as far as we have come? Please!!!
    Anonymous

• I never said carbon dating did I?

There is tons of proof with out any dating. Like the fact that each layer of sedimentary rock contains fossils of different species. Are you going to say that God created these creatures and then just decided he was going to kill them all off and create new yet similar versions until he got it right? That doesn't make sense!

Personally I believe in Creator Assisted Evolution. I don't think that it just happened. I think the Gods had plans and carried them out over time. Helping the creatures and earth to evolve.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Oh, and Anon,

"This is as far as we've come" ~ So you are using the fact that we are not further developed to disprove evolution? HUH?!? Then the argument that we aren't all perfect yet would be an decent argument to disproove creationism...

That statement doesn't even make any little bit of sense!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I didn't mean to post this as Anon... I created the question... Guess I got to click happy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I do belive in evolution to an extent. I DO NOT believe that human beings were apes AT ALL. I believe in creationism. I do feel however that as the world has changed and environments morphed into different cycles, the creatures inhabiting this Earth have had to evolve in order to adapt to the changes, to think any other way is very close minded. As the Human species we "evolve" every day to live in this World you have to. The species that cannot evolve, are the species that become extinct.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• carbon dating is worthless, since it does not account for variables due to climate,or conditions te that an object being tested may have gone through or be subjected to. How can anyone look at the intricate detail of how perfectly all life on earth is intertwined and think it was a mere accident that it all happened. Not to mention that for Evolution to occur in the way they say it did the mathimatical odds of everything occuring that pefectly at the right time in the right way are so astrnomically high that it would be near impossible to have happened. food for thought.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Do you even understand Carbon dating? My guess is NO because it requires knowledge in chemical half lives and radioactive decay. Carbon dating of materials is Highly accurate up to 26,000 years BP.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Radiometric dating (often called radioactive dating)

Look it up

Anonymous

• Sorry, deleted my previous reply, too many typos for my OCD brain to accept. LOL Here's my corrected reply:

I don't believe that creation and evolution have to be mutually exclusive (though some people believe they do, like my husband, the Biologist, but he is also an atheist). I like how SabrinaMBowen put it in another post, I believe in creator assisted evolution.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think the people who disreguard evolution are the same people who disregard global warming.

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. I personally believe entirely in evolution. To me there's no other explanation.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009