I have 2 types of eating disorders and scared about gaining weight with this pregnancy....Is anyone else in the same boat???

LilPeanutInside

Asked by LilPeanutInside at 5:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i used to have a eating disorder myself lucky i was able to get past it long befor i was to become pregnant.
    Try and not worry about gaining weight dont step on the scale at home, turn away from the scale when you go to your drs. You realy need to gain the right amount of weight for a heathy baby this is the time in your life you need to put yourself last and your baby first. you will have plenty of time after baby is born to loose the weight and most the time people loose most of it in the first 6weeks.
    Anonymous

• Make sure your OB knows about your past & ask the Drs & nurses to not tell you your weight gain at each check up...mine used to annouce it as they were writing it in the file...good luck!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I was scared with my first pregnancy, and I have never had an eating disorder. I think it is a common concern for women because we are scared we won't lose it. I weighed in every morning with my first pregnancy and everything. Just try to remember that gaining at least 25 pounds will be best for your baby. As long as you don't gain more than 50 you should be able to get it off easily (my weight came off really quickly with my first until I got pregnant again). If you feel like you are hurting your baby let your doctor know. Good luck to you and your pregnancy!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 7:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Anorexia. I am actually very overweight right now b/c I just lost twin boys during my 6th month of preggers back in october im at like 165 b/c i had gained massive weight and just like my last 2 pregnancys before the loss I always gain like 80 during pregnancy and I don't want to do that again any suggestions? I really am panicing already
    LilPeanutInside

Answer by LilPeanutInside at 8:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Always check with your dr; but I'm pretty sure if you're carrying one baby you only need like 2500-3000 calories / day depending on your body type pre-pregnancy. Try to just track what you're eating?
    Anonymous