Has your toddler...

...ever run over with a toy broom, during the SPLIT SECOND you turned your head to grab a dust pan...and used it to "Help" by re distributing all of the dirt around the room?

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Of Course! Toddlers live for that sort of thing!! LOL! Just enjoy how cute it is...
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my niece used to do this, now she just points and says "you missed a spot" - this is really annoying especially if I haven't gotten to that spot yet
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 5:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Oh yes!
    mellie369

Answer by mellie369 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• LOL. Oh yeah! My DD loves to "help" me clean. My plan for tomorrow is cleaning my patio, which is currently covered in dirt... because my DD decided that she wanted to replant my plants for me. For the record, yes, I was watching her. I figured what could it hurt to let her destroy them, we're about to move anyway right, lol.
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 7:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Oh yes. He uses his "Sweepin' Sam," to "help."
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 12:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Oh yes! My 2 yr old son likes to point out when I make "a mess," too. Yesterday, when unloading the groceries, the gallon of milk fell off of the counter, broke, and showered me with milk. He walked in and saw it then reported to me about a million times over the next 15 minutes that "Mommy made a mess." I guess he wanted to make sure I knew that I made a mess, even though I was wiping down all of the cabinets and mopping the floor. Maybe I point out his messes too frequently. LOL
    PeachMom329

Answer by PeachMom329 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son is really weird. you give him anything to eat or drink and he bends down to "wipe" a spill or drop that's not even there. also when he gets the chance... he'll drag a regular broom around the apartment. sometimes he'll go into the kitchen and pretend he's sweeping. funny thing is... i usually do that stuff when he's napping or in bed for the night!! so he hasnt really seen me do that yet.
    mom4life86

Answer by mom4life86 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I dont think there is a toddler out there that hasnt done that..Just enjoy it! IF you really dont want him/her to do it, then send them to get you the dust pan..Just put it in their reach when you know you are going to be sweaping..Sending them to get the dusy pan..Will still make them feel like they are helping..My dd is 2 and she will do that for me, and then go and throw it away in the trash (with little help from me or daddy)
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009