Weird encounters with strangers?

They are talking about this on the radio right now. Its kinda funny.

When I was little, we were on a family vacation to Florida, and we were at this little seashell stand on the beach. I was going through a bunch of seashells, when this man started yelling at me and pulling me out of the store by my ponytail!!!! My grandpa freaked out and stopped the guy and was yelling at him. The man just froze. He thought I was his kid!!!!

Has anything weird like this ever happened to you?

musikdoll

Asked by musikdoll at 5:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not to me exactly but last summer we took the kids to the zoo and while our kids were roaming around the gift shop shortly before we left I watched my husband walk up beside a young girl in the gift shop and start talking. I was across the store and couldn't hear what he was saying but I thought it was very unlike him to randomly start talking to any stranger, much less a child. The girl started to walk away and I hear my husband say in a fairly loud voice, "Hey, where are you going?" The girl turned around and the look of shock on my husband's face was priceless. He thought he'd been talking to our daughter the whole time. It didn't occur to me until that moment that she had the same height, build and hair style. She was just wearing different clothes. He ended up going to find the little girl's parents and apologizing for scaring her. He felt so bad. My daughter still gives him crap about it.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When my daughter was first born she was very tiny. less than 4 pounds when she came home. We were at Sam's Club and I was walking around and she was nursing. A sales lady freaked out. She was telling me to pull my shirt down and I had to have a shirt on. I thought she was referring to me nursing. I told her I had the right to breastfeed in public and she was like, you can't breastfeed a baby doll! I was like, this is my baby. She didn't believe me for like 2 minutes that my baby was real untill she started making noise! HOW WIERD! WHO NURSESE A BABY DOLL?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• kinda the opposite a few weeks ago I was in the bookstore and this cute little girl came up and grabbed my leg and tried to pull me to the kids section saying "You have to see thins ... can I have it" When I didn't go with her right away, she stopped, looked up and gasped then she ran away. I think she mistook me for her mother
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 5:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The other day, as my husband and I were walking out of the mall with our 8 month old son, this old man got out of his car and started yelling at us. I couldn't really understand what he was saying and couldn't imagine what we could have possibly done to offend him. I just yelled back " excuse me?!" He yelled " I SAID, Put that baby in a show. He'll win, cause he is a Dandy little fella' " I have to admit, that wasn't what I expected. A little odd, but it was kind of nice.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• One time we were staying at a motel and me, my cousin and my friend were walking back to our room. This man walked up to us and asked us if we wanted him to strip for us! He was this old ugly guy so we were like no thanks we're lesbians, and he tried to hold my hand! So we told him he'd better leave us alone or we would jump him. He got in his car and took off.

Another time I was walking home and a guy pulled up in a truck. He asked me if I needed a ride home and I said no. So he drove off but turned around and came back and asked again and I was like NO! Then he asked me if I was working! As in was I a prostitute! I gave him a look from hell and he took off. It's not like I was wearing hooker clothes, I was wearing jeans and a tshirt so I don't know what made him think I was a hooker.
    Anonymous

• lol I've been mistaken as a prositute...in jeans and a sweatshirt. I was 16 and walking down the "ho stroll" even though I didn't know it at the time. But in a period of maybe 10 minutes I was offered a free cab ride, a free place to stay, "more than I've ever seen" and a nice dinner. It took me years to realize what was really going on!!!
    Anonymous

• This wasn't me, but it was someone I know. Him and his wife were at the grocery store. They were in the aisle shopping and his wife was behind him. He decided it would be funny to back up near her and let out a fart *thinking nobody was around*..He turns around and there is a lady staring at him and his wife had walked over to get something else. He told her he was really sorry and scampered off embarrassed as hell. I'm sure she remembered her encounter with an odd man who farted on her at the grocery store.
    He also said what made it worse is it was a loud fart..Not a little silent one.lol.
    Anonymous

• It's not like I was wearing hooker clothes, I was wearing jeans and a tshirt so I don't know what made him think I was a hooker.

I have mistaken for a hooker in my pizza shop uniform. Some guys will pay for anything!!
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009