If you believe in evolution how do you think things actually got started? Big Bang? Explotion?? What?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• As I said in my other question I believe in creator assisted evolution. I believe that the process was started and guided by the Gods and is still ongoing today...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• God snapped his fingers and there was a BIG bang!
    (I do not think that creations and evolution have to be mutually exclusive)
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I personally don't know or really care how things got started. I'm agnostic, so in the end it doesn't really matter to me. I don't think we'll ever know for sure.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I like that momof3inTN that was great..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Thank you hinson!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well things according to the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, things had been created and the big bang, which occured as his holiness fell out of bed during a hangover, set everything into motion. Honestly I'm natural blonde and thinking this deeply may kill me. I don't care about the how's and why's of it all. I am only concerned about where I am at now and what needs to be done now. The future is not set in stone and the past cannot be changed. It doesn't matter how it came to be. Maybe the aliens put us here. I just don't know.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well I believe in evolution. In all honesty I can't prove it either way. However i don't believe that with a snap of a finger we just appeared here.. sorry.. I'd believe we came from space ships before I believed a flick of a finger from "God" put us here, just like that. lol. Sorry that's just what I believe. Evolution helped by creator assistance is even more believable than the flick of a finger thing. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• As for how I believe evolution starts.. well I believe it starts with an adaptation in a creature. Ex. a creature stops growing a tail because it is no longer needed, or starts to get develop extra teeth because it is needed to help digest a new food that they are introduced too. etc. After time another adaptation takes place due to environmental changes.. and then another.. until the creature is nolonger the same creature it use to be, but a new creature in it's own right.. thus adaptation becomes evolution.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i don't understand how a person can go through at least 12 years of school and NOT believe in evolution! even if your religious-don't you have to look at the facts and at least adjust your beliefs,,sort of like how it seems the mom who asked the question did? they are theories...yes,but there's actually evidence in oue daY to day life, and we learn more evidence everyday, as to how evolution has shaped our world as we know it. as for how everything got started, yes the big bang theory stands up. doesn't it make sense, since we know now that the world is not flat and that our planet actually exists in a galaxy amoung other planets...that eventually planets collide?stars die out? atmosphere's change according to activites in space? and evolution...ugh, i know it's useless anyway-in my experience, most religious beleivers simply plug their ears and close their eyes to new findings around them..it would be a frustrating way 2 live
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yomamaporter: lmao, I know. that's why i find it amusing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2009