• In the Spotlight:

What are some idea's for the theme "ALL about ME"

Trying to think of a lesson based on the language center or what me and the kids can do in that center as well as others

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• -Eye and hair color
    -brothers or sisters?
    -where do I live? where was I born?
    -any pets?
    -favorites (food, color, etc)
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I have had the kids make a poster with a picture of themselves in the center of the poster that they draw themselves. Then they take the poster home to complete with their families. The family adds the following information. They can either draw it or cut out pictures from magazines.
    What foods do I like to eat, What foods don't I like, what things do I like to do, who is in my family, what are my favorite toys, etc. You can come up with what you want. The family sends them back and I put them up in the classroom. They can lay down on a big piece of paper and let you trace around their bodies, then they can color on the clothes, fingernails, hair,etc You can take pictures of each child in funny poses or just standing, print them out, put poster board behind them and laminate them to make little people to play with in a doll house or in the blocks area. Clips on the bottom help to make them stand up.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I am not sure if I completely understand your question....but here is a "It's All About Me" diary.(book with lines on inside for writing)  http://www.cjkidz.com/Products.html   (It's about half way down the page on the link)  You could put a picture of each person on the page and write details about that person (birthdate, haircolor, favorite food, favorite activity, favorite color, favorite movie or song...stuff that people don't always know about you but mind find it interesting to learn.  It would make a good keepsake for a family member.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2009