Authur...

IYO did any of the characters from the Aurthirian Legends ever exist? They are finding proof that may actually back up the stories. Whay do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I do believe that there was a King Arthur and that he was probably the King that the Legion is based on.  However, most of the fact has been distorted and embellished over the centuries. So much so that the reality will bear little resemblance to the myth we all know and love.

http://www.britannia.com/history/arthur/kaking.html

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• There is evidence of a very early king named Arthur. That has never been in dispute.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I believe there's some truth to the story in original form, but the original form bears little resemblance to what's normally seen in all the made for tv movies.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I believe the stories may have some truth to them. But the real characters, however real they were, were definitely very different from how we know them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• There's usually at least a little truth behind the best legends, so yes, I think there is some historical truth to a little bit of it.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 6:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Marwill is correct and IF I'm remembering correctly he would have been a Bronze age king? Likely of overlord of a band of other smaller tribes...did camelot exist as portrayed in the middle ages; no...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Just like the Bible, I believe the stories of Arthur were based on a few true events, real people, and then embellished over the years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2009