got invited to a function.. was first told kids were invited. Now just been told no kids under 5?should we still go??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's up to you, but if I were told I could bring kids originally and then they changed their minds, I think it would depend on the situation. If you have enough time and resources to get a babysitter, than why not? If it is going to be a hassle with your family, the other kids that can't go and not enough notice or money for sitter, than forget it. Why please them when you will just stress out over it and be miserable?
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It's a family wedding both my kids are under 5, I have time but not the resources our help is limited. I think my husband is insulted it's his family, his niece is over 5 and so are a couple of the cousins. This should be very interesting,. I'm going to let my hubby decide if we are going I think I'm staying out of this one lol
    my2girls0406

Answer by my2girls0406 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Ordinarily, I say when you've said you'll go, you should go unless someone is sick or dying. But, if they said kids could come and then changed it, that's a good reason, too. If they had told you before, you may have been able to make arrangements for a sitter, or you could have told them then that you wouldn't be able to make it. If they get mad, I'd just tell them that they are the ones who changed the rules on you, you can't help it that you now aren't able to find a sitter.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i can see why your hubby might be upset. are your kid's the only ones who wont be able to go? that was my impression.

i would be offended if that was the case. Aslo, i would leave it up to him since he is the one that seems to be having a problem with it. i would make sure you tell him you support him in whatever he decides and feels comfortable with.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I've been there......we dont' go to family functions if my little boy is not allowed. Not because I'm angry or hurt, because trust me, I woudn't want my son ruin anyone's special event. He's VERY loud. But yes, with limited resourses, I would think the family would understand if you decided to stay home with your children. They are, after all, your kids.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• are kids will be the only kids not there from our side of the family. all the other cousin kids are old enough. My husband feels that we should not go because how is it fair that we'll have to sit at the table with his sisters child and cousins children and listen to them complain the whole night and our kids aren't even there.
    I would love a night out to get dressed up and party but I don't wanna deal with other peoples children I have my own

on the other side of the coin if you are going to say no kids it should mean no kids not an age group. personally I feel kids do not belong at these types of functions when so much money has been spent and kids could get into so much stuff
    my2girls0406

Answer by my2girls0406 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• we haven't sent in the respone card yet, I'm letting hubby handle this one since it's his family.
    he doesn't want to go with out our kids.
    my2girls0406

Answer by my2girls0406 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It would depend on what the event is and who is behind it. I would go if my being there was important or meaningful to myself or the host(s). Otherwise I would stay home with my child(ren).
    diffdrummer

Answer by diffdrummer at 12:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• cousins 2nd wedding
    my2girls0406

Answer by my2girls0406 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Let hubby deal with it and I don't know if I would go. I think if it were me and my hubby, I would let him go if he wanted to and me and the kids would go visit my mom.
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2009