Prepared baby formula question

I have a bottle left that was prepared probably 26 hours ago.

I know the guideline is that prepared formula is good for 24 hours, and after that to pitch it.

What happens at 26 hours that wasn't happening at 24 hours? Does 2 hours make a huge difference?

I just hate throwing away a whole bottle's worth - but obviously it's not worth my child's health to give it to him if it's bad.

Would you give it to your baby or toss it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would toss it and yea a couple of hours does matter. i had to take a food safety class. and yea you would be surprised what can happen in a few hours.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 5:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would probably toss it. I too took a food sanitation class a while back, and I would trust the guidlines on the formula can. Although theres a chance it would still be good, idk if I would chance it. I too hate to waste something so expensive. But it doesnt take long for bacteria to grow.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2009