bf'ing question. one side producing more then the othe,and it just started yesterday. help!

my dd is 4 months old and bf great. i dont give her a bottle she only bf's,and ive given her cereal two or three times. but for the past few days my right breast has been feeling full and heavy all the time and my left one feels empty. so i decided to pump a lil for her cereal and was pumping on the left side(the empty feeling one) and after 15 mins i got less than an ounce! so i tried the right side...5 mins later i had gotten a half oz from that side. so i decided to try the left side one more time and barely anything even came out. and on top of all this my right side looks bigger then the left!

ive desided to pump on the left side when she doesnt eat on that side to try to get a better supply again. other then that any other ideas to get me back to normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she feeds more on one side than the other than that side will produce more.
    Anonymous

• I think mine is like that too. I thought maybe it was because I'm right handed and tend to feed on the right more than the left. It always seems like I have a ton of milk on the right and so so on the left.
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 7:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Most moms find they are "lopsided". You almost always have one breast that is more productive than the other. Usually the only problem is a cosmetic one, of one side looking bigger than the other. As long as baby is getting enough milk total it doesn't matter which breast it is from. If you want to try to "even things out" a bit, more frequent pumping and/or nursing on the smaller side will usually do the trick!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't do anything. I wouldn't be worried either. Just carry on as usual.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009