What should I do?

I have been having severe headaches and this morning my hands and feet were swollen and still are. I am 21wks along btw. I called my dr. and he said not to worry about it. That the swelling and headaches were normal...but I dont see how a headache that has not went away for a week and a half is normal!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Check your blood pressure as stated by others. I had a friend that had horrible headaches thru her pregnancy and she would eat a piece of chocolate, drink a coca-cola, and take tylenol. Worked wonders for her. Worth a shot I guess. hope you feel better!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• it could be preeclampsia you might wanna just go somewhere and check ur bloodpressure just to be sure. and if it still doesnt go away call ur dr and if they dont listen u can always go the the ER
    Anonymous

• I had preeclampsia with my 3rd pregnancy. Not only do I have the headaches but I'm also dizzy alot and have blurry vision sometimes...I am just kind of concerned that he is ignoring what can potentially be serious symptoms!
    Anonymous

• Find somewhere to check your blood pressure that will not stress you out. Going to his office is just going to make you mad and raise it anyway and you need to know if it is really elevated or not. I would also start looking for another doc if I were you, I'm sorry you are in this position but it is not going to help to have a doc you cant trust. You deserve to be heard and obviously he is not doing it
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Are you watching the salt content in the foods you're eating? Are you getting enough exercise and every half hour taking a few deep breaths and stretching? Try not to stress and if you're feeling a headache coming on get outside into the fresh air and walk a little. Be particularly diligent about your diet and rest. If the symptoms persist, get checked. If your blood pressure is higher than normal do everything you can to lower it with diet and exercise.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 6:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2009