Is something wrong with me?

I dont want to eat that many calories a day cause im scared i will take to many in and not lose weight.. I only get about 500 to 800 calories a day and work out and I got it in my head im not going to eat anymore than that....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Hugs mama! There is nothing wrong with you but make sure that you are not starving yourself too. Breakfast is the most important meal in the day so don't miss it and make sure you eat small portions at a time. If you are hungry eat (just eat smarter) cos starving yourself makes it worse. All the best.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 6:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• 500-600 calories a day for a women is NOT enough, you are starving your body of the needed nutrition it needs to survive, talk to a nutritionist, they will help you with the amount of calories you need to eat to maintain your weight or a healthier weight and BE HEALTHY, sounds like to me you are on the vurge of anorexia. Trust me the body can only take so much before things start to shut down. I dont know how tall you are or your current weight but in general the female body needs 1000-1600 calories a day, were as a male needs 1800-2200 calories...This is a estimate because alot plays into the actual number needed ex: age, height, weight, metabolism, how much exersice you get, what type of work you do etc... Please talk to a nutritionist.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i starve too, i want to be thin, like nicole richie, i eat 500 cals too
    Anonymous

• you need to eat at the very least 1200 calories a day that is near starvation as it is. you will lose weight still, i promise. the one thing you need to know is if you dont eat enough soon your body is going to freak out and start storing every bit of food it gets therefor you are going to gain instead of lose weight. a married couple i know only eats one meal a day and they have been doing it for quite a while when you here that you may think they are super thin. heck no they both weigh almost 300 lbs each. so plz plz start eating more or you are going to ruin yourself. not to mention that your hair and nails are going to start to get nasty due to a lack of nutrients. hope you do better hon. take care.
    Alina456

Answer by Alina456 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You should consume 2,000 calories a day to loose weight and 2,500 to maintain weight. It's great that you are aware of your caloric intake but you are consuming way too few calories. Becareful that you do not obsess about the calories, it can develop into an eating disorder. Make sure you eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise regularly. Check out mypyramid.gov, it's a great way to track your progree and see what you are doing right and wrong.
    Anonymous

• EAT MORE TO LOSE MORE!!! Seriously don't focus on the calories as much as you do your portion sizes as well as eating every 3-4 hours. This is important, otherwise as you exercise you're muscles will begin canabalizing other healthy tissues rather than fat in order to keep you from passing out!!!

I should know as a personal trainer and nutritionist! Eat more calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are killing off parts of yourself with that strict a diet.
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 7:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yea what's wrong is that you aren't eating enough calories so when you do eat, you're body stores it as fat in order to make up for what you aren't eating...which is why you aren't losing as much weight as you want, you have to eat at least like 1200-1500 (average people not on a diet will eat 1800-2200)..working out won't matter if you aren't eating right. good luck though and try to stay healthy...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009