does anyone have a child stationed in the army at Hawaii ?

My son is stationed at Fort Shafter, I was wondering if anyone else has a child there? I could use some motherly, shoulder, advice, just talking to someone in the same boat stuff.

peppy58

Asked by peppy58 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• My son was stationed at Pearl Harbor but has since come home. I know the island well...have been out there to visit several times. He married an adorable local girl and they now have 2 little girls so I was out there twice a year to see them.
    You can get some really cheap flights out there if you shop well. Your son can get you reservations at the Hale Koa hotel which is military only..and the rates are very cheap...they go according to your son's rank. Message me if you have any questions....
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 6:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My son is just entering Ranger training in Georgia---but my heart goes out to you. I miss him a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Anon... I live in GA. Want me to keep an eye on him????
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 6:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• LOL:-) He is an awesome young man BUT if you could, I would take you up on it:-) What he really would like is positive activities to do on the time off:-) He isn't a partier but loves rock climbing, snow boarding, shooting, and stuff like that:-) Thanks for the offer:-)))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son and his wife are both stationed at Ft. Lewis. We live in OH. We saw them in 10/07, they went to Iraq in 11/07 and we didn't see them again until last month when they returned. Right now my son is home on leave :-) When he leaves though, we probbably won't see him again until next June when his brothers graduate :-( It's hard having them so far from home.
    Anonymous

• anon 11:14....message me and I'll get in touch. It's always nice to have someone nearby "just in case".
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Hey mom! My family and I are stationed at Pearl Harbor for the next three years. Hubby is 22, I'm a bit older. Here if ya need anything.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• hey guys! my son joined the Army. heading for boot camp (date has been changed several times & still waiting for a diffenant departure date) Rangers - Ft. benning, Ga is where he is heading. My oldest daughter is wanting to go to College in Hawaii. We would love to move to the islands & my son transfer...is that possible? Any info. ya'll have would be great especially those of you that are already in Hawaii...would love to talk to ya'll.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I dated a guy in ft. Lewis. He was a great guy until I seen another side of him. He went to his home town and cheated on me with his ex-girlfirend though.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my husband and i are stationed in hawaii ...my husband worked in shafter ....it is okay for living lots of places and things to do ......but the hawaiian people are prejudice and they believe in keepng everything hawaiian not keeping it American ......and when you go to the mall they all look at you upside the head ......as a mainland american we feel like we are in a foreign country ...it works out when we go to places where there are a lot of other mainland americans like us ....so be careful things that appear one way here is not always as it seems ....the way that you can tell is they make a point to say "LOCAL" this and local that
    Laspouse

Answer by Laspouse at 8:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2009