Budget Freeze???

[for some reason this question was deleted]
Republican House Minority Leader John Boehner said that the US unemployment rate surge to 8.1 percent, with 651,000 jobs lost in February, demanded austerity from Washington at a time when Americans are tightening their belts.

"The American people want and deserve better solutions from both parties in Washington, and they expect us to work together to make the same tough budget choices they are being forced to make during this economic downturn," he said.

Boehner said the massive spending bill to cover government operations through October 1 was a perfect example of the wasteful spending Obama had vowed to battle during his 2008 presidential run.

Do you think the Government should do what we, everyday Americans do during a money crunch, REDUCE SPENDING?
& Why isn't the MSM like NBC ~NOT reporting this proposal? Should American's get ALL the info? hrmmm

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NBC is owned by GE, and GE is in Obama's pocket. Jeffery Immelt is being vetted to be part of his economic advisory board.
    Anonymous

• Would you consider calling [or] have you called your elected official and voicing yuor opinion on all these earmarks?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Business/Obama+names+economic+advisory+panel/1261185/story.html
    Anonymous

• One of the top five earmaring senators IS my rep and yes I have...and will again! Stupid man.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• There should be a spending freeze. They should cut programs that don't work. Improve programs that do by simply shifting funds. There is plenty of money in the budget it is just mishandled. Most school districts would be fine and run well if they did not manage their money so poorly. The Government should set the example for fiscal responsibility.  This will never happen because the goal our Admin has is Socialism.  Let things get so bad the people then want you to rescue them at any cost.  It is pathetic.

Anonymous

• I think the American public will give him no more than 6 months to turn things around, if he doesn't Obama will have a major problem on his hands, and so will the citizens.
    Anonymous

• I heard about that.

Go with Fox News for a balanced approach to reporting.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Calling our Senators is a waste of time, Bond is retiring and could care less right now. And McCaskill is the next Hillary want to be, she is becoming as aggressive as Pelosi these days if not more so.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Thank you OP! I totally totally agree. When they cut my husbands hours a few months ago we cut our spending with it! We didn't increase it! Isn't that the logical thing to do?
    I'm sorry I can't answer the other two questions... i just don't know.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Oh no, that would just be too logical.....
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009