Working at home?

What could i do to work from home that doesn't cost anything to start up? I don't want to have parties or anything out of the home.. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Stuff envelopes
    Anonymous

• I'm an independent consultant with DiamondCreek Candles. It's FREE to sign up and the comissions are fantastic. The products are so beautiful that they practically sell themselves. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well this is not free, but is $29 to start your business. I would love to show you what my home based business is all about. Would you be able to watch a webcast on Saturday. This explains my company and how you can be very successful in it without parties, inventory, deliveries, etc. You can contact me via email at just4today@live.com or call me at 715-822-3496. My name is Joy
    justfortoday

Answer by justfortoday at 8:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• http://www.freewebs.com/sabrinambowen/

My site (above) has an ever growing list of WAH Jobs. All are free! There is also some other great stuff there if you wanna look around.

A good rule of thumb is this:
    A WAH Job will pay less over time, yet provide a steady income and should always be free!
    A WAH Business will allow you to earn money that will support you for the rest of your life but has a slow start and fees... A "free" home business doesn't exist.

I have a home business and love it. It takes less time than a job but takes a small investment and is slow to start. I also have that info on my site. But if you aren't looking for an investment right now there is tons of free Job opps there.

**Check out the coupons and freebies while you're there!

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Why not study groups? Unlike "surveys" which are scams, study groups don't require you sign people up, they pay you once a month and you just answer questions. Credit card NEVER Required.

I did 2 surveys on potato chips, one on salsa, one company sent me a bra! But most of the time they just ask the same questions over and over again- who purchase most of the items in your home? How many people live in your home? How many are adults? How many cars to you own? Do you like the color blue? Does your home have wall paper? It goes on and on. Each take about 15 minutes to read over and answer the questions, then they thank you and put the money in your account and once a month they send you a check or some use pay pal. http://stuckathomemom.com/blog/archives/93

PS if you want I'll post a picture of the bra! LOL

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am a work from home mom and I am partnered with a Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. I do not sell. I do receive a check once a month. I do have a website that you could go to if interested......

http://www.iluvwhatido.com/

This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau.
    cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? Build a list and use that to begin your search. There are legitimate opportunities available in areas such as customer service, telemarketing, virtual assistant, tutoring, transcription, translation, blogging, writing, editing, marketing, nursing, and technical support.

General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. You can find job leads in the Telecommuting Moms folder on the WAHM.com forum. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• All I wanted was to Stay at home and raise my Own Children...I was
    totally shocked at all the scams on the Internet that were targeting
    people like me.

I spent months looking, and did pay some "fees" to find out

about legitimate work from home. None of them were able to offer
    anything more than a few surveys for pay, crafts to assemble, or
    mystery shopping (all of which were nothing more than some spare
    change...not an income).

I am very excited to now Own my own Home Business.

I am working at my own pace and I have met and Teamed up with some
    Awesome Mothers and others...that have the same Goals as I DO!

I would love to share this opportunity with you. Just visit my
    website, and I will contact you with the details.

Mom's go to www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome

tafania

Answer by tafania at 7:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• HI!!! My name is Traci. I was introduced to this company in November when I was laid off from a company I worked for for 10 years! Another cafe mom introduced me to AMERIPLAN. I am so greatful that she was there when I needed something so badly! I absolutely love this business! I want to invite you to look at the site below and if you are interested let me know and I'll help you get started! Good luck and hope to hear from you soon!

www.myhomebusinesspays.com/tmast
    -Traci Mast
    TMast@Ameriplan.net
    Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I currently sell facial exercise kits on my website.  You can earn 15% of each sale that you refer by joining my affiliate program.

All you have to do is join and you get a unique link/URL that you can put on your blog, your website, post on message boards, and send to friends and family.  When people click your unique link and purchase a kit from my site, you get 15% commission!

Every time someone buys a kit through your link, you will get an email that notifies you.  You'll be paid monthly, and you can always log in to view your earnings.  There are no quotas, no investment, no fees, or anything like that.

You can see the instructions on how to join on my website here: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/affiliate-program

Good luck!

Carolyn.C

Answer by Carolyn.C at 9:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2009