Meals for 2 on a budget

For me and my 4 yr old. I'm on a tight budget, and can only spend about $50 on groceries next payday, and thats to last 2 weeks! Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Check out the website Hillbillyhousewife.com
    They have some great money saving ideas and recipes.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, frozen pizza (celeste pizza for one's are like $1), mac&cheese, you can get a rotissarie (sp) chicken for $6 that'll last a few days....
    Anonymous

• The dollar store has canned food and frozen food. for cheap
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 7:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• All I can suggest is look at your local store ads and find out ways to eat cheap. I have a 4 yr old and if it were just me and him we'd have alot of mac-n-cheese!
    I'd get a big bag of chicken nuggets(to go with all that mac-n-cheese). A big package of pancake mix (it's cheap, filling and 4 yr olds love pancakes!) apples, banana's sliced up to go with peanut butter sandwiches. Water down juice to make it last.cooked ring macoroni, tuna add peas with cheap salad dressing should last a few days.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2009