She told my son" To go where he belongs."

I recently moved from a drug and crime infested neighborhood to the suburbs and a lady drove pass my son and told him to take him black a@@ back to his neighborhood. Now if it were me I wouldn't care but why would you say that to a child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats a horrible thing to say especially to a child! Just another example of how ignorant white (i'm assuming...) people give the rest of us white people a bad name! One love!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• She's evil.
    Evil has no conscience-child or not.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would be so outraged. I don't know what I would do though since they are your nbr now. Im sorry that happened to you. Thats just so cappy!!!
    Anonymous

• Tell her to take her twisted, psycho self back to the pits of hell, where she came from.
    Anonymous

• Get the plate number and file harrassment. No person should have to deal with that kind of ignorance.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 7:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• So sorry this happened to your child... I have to admit... I live in low income housing apartments... There are apartments below us. Last summer there were some kids that kept coming up to our apartments... Everytime they came up my kids were getting in trouble or the other kids were swearing or i was mooned once be them... They stole the kids bikes... well u get the idea... just not good kids and I know more then once I told them they didnt belong up here and to go back where they came from... My bad....
    smiley87334

Answer by smiley87334 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The suburbs may be a safe place for the people who have some sort of "in" with the neighborhood, but in reality it is a gathering of very small frightened and defensive minds. I still remember when I just moved into the "ideal neighborhood" a family that lived in back of us had experienced a terrible tragedy- the murder of their son as he left to go to college. Mom was white and Dad was black . Both were superior professionally and educationally to many of the neighbors who reacted to their presence with great discomfort. What I found so very disturbing was that it was called a suicide - which was pretty impossible. And everybody looked the other way and said what a shame. But nobody spoke out or helped the parents find resolution. (this was pre internet days) Take the status that the address affords you. But find people of a higher caliber to associate with rather than the ones who live there.

UltimateGrandma

Answer by UltimateGrandma at 7:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• People are just ignorant especially when they're used to living in their own little world. They don't know what to think about "new" people especially when they're different. We live in the suburbs in what's considered to be a "nice" neighborhood but last year we were robbed at gunpoint right outside our own house. My husband is black and even though he's 26 he still looks very young. He was walking down our street one day when a cop pulled over and started questioning about where he lived and why he was there. Once he gave the cop his ID to PROVE that he lived there the cop responded with "sorry about that, we've just had some reports of crime in this area" and my husband said "I know. I'm the one that called you about it."
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009