What's a good color for a living room?

I'm getting new furniture and painting. Any color suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A neutral color that matches everything. Tan, beige etc.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My mom's living room is a deep red with a grey coal color for furniture
    so it depends on if you like bold or neutral
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My living room has North facing windows and I live in Oregon where it's cloudy many days. I needed a creamy yellow tone to brighten up the room.

Whichever colors you like, get them in small cans and paint swatches of them on each wall and look at them at different times of day and preferably on sunny and cloudy days.

It will amaze you how a color will change in different lighting!!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• warm brown
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 7:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Mine is a light tan on walls and carpet, sage green sofa, with burgandy curtains and black funiture...I love it. Its calming but colorful. Oh and I have a couple of small rugs that have blue, green, tan, black and burgandy squres on them so I can change my cutains or sofa or wall color and those rugs will still look great.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 7:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I've begun to be partial to an organic, clean, crisp, sage-type green walls with chocolate furniture and creme and toffee accents.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I guess it would depend on lighting, sourounding room colors, furnature... your prefernce in color scheme... etc Ours is a light yellow. I think tans and beiges are good too. It also depends on what your are going for formal, casual, romantic, beach...etc.
    BrisMom

Answer by BrisMom at 7:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Mine is Green furniture, brown flooring and tan walls. Nothing to really stain.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009