has anyone had a child with mrsa?

My 17 month old has mrsa. Any experiences with this? Tell me ur story.

MomAt15woah

Asked by MomAt15woah at 7:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Actually Yes one of my kids had this infection before. It is actually a very serioud infection if not treated. My child was on two different antibiotics and it cured it. There was a pretty ugly scr for a long time after but not any more if you have a more direct concern feel free to message me.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 7:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• what is mrsa?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Its a staph infection
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 7:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yeah i sent you a message
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yep, my son contracted it at a hospital! Nasty infection. Now every time he gets a cold or anything he ends up with a huge MRSA bump! Usually around his bottom or thighs. I get them too. It is SO SO painful. The only thing to do is wait for them to drain or have them lanced... Also, find a teatree soap and use it EVERY DAY! that seems to keep them away.
    When you have a sore that is draining, make sure you sanitize every surface it could have touched like bath tubs and toilets, or you will ALL end up being carriers.
    Good luck! Just clean clean clean, and WASH YOUR HANDS a lot!!!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2009