How do i get my son to stop playin in, and eating his own poop??

Someone PLEASE help me!! i've tried ducktaping, and layering his clothes, and yet this has turned into a daily thing. someone please help me!! i need advise to escape this never ending, painted on everything, crap!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put him in footie pj's but put them on backwards so he can't pull down the zipper. I have heard two moms do this and it worked !!!
    Anonymous

• You need to watch him, sweetheart!
    Anonymous

• i do watch him. he only does this when he's in bed for a nap, or when he first wakes up in the morning, before i get to him.
    Anonymous

• Have you talked with your pedi? I would think that they would have ideas. My nephew smeared it a few times, but never ate it. Ew. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• if he is eating it he should be assesed for PICA which is more or less an eating disorder that causes you to crave weird food and non food items a little boy in georgia had undiagnosed picca and died when he ate one of those great big things of mortons salt and died or salt poisining. It may also be a developmental type thing, my nephew did this as well and they got him involved in occupational therapy where they did different sensory type activities and it really helped him turn around in many different ways. It may also just be a phase but he should at least be evaluated
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• PICA is a very rare disorder humanitarian.
    Anonymous

• TEAR THAT ASS UP!!!!!!!
    Anonymous