Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

psychiatric help

I am suffering from very severe ppd right now like to the point where I dont really know if I am safe. My husband has had to take off work to be with me but I can't see a psychiatrist until JULY! Does anyone know what I can do or where I can go to get the help I need?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

Answers (6)
  • What about an ER? they will treat you right away and maybe refer to another doctor sooner.

    Answer by GiannisMomma at 7:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • when you say "treat" you right away what does that entail? It sounds dumb I have thought about admitting myself to a psych unit maybe but I would have no one to watch my sona dn I dotn want him to be taken away I just want to be healthy again

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • Check with the county office to see if they have emergency mental health resources. Good luck.

    Answer by Mommy3b1g at 7:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • PPD is really tough. I went through it and I really wasn't sure if I was going to survive. You will be just fine. How old is you son? by treat I mean give you medication to help with depression.

    Answer by GiannisMomma at 7:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • i called my ob, and they called in a prescription for zoloft

    Answer by AmelieH at 8:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • You need to go see your OB/GYN. Do not wait until July to see someone.

    Answer by Magpie75 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.