if YOU pump, how fast or long does it take to pump an ounce for you??

im going to pump today and im wondering how long does it take YOU personally if you pump of course, to pump an ounce?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never looked at a watch but I pump 4-8oz (depending on how full I am)in about 5min. It all comes down to how fast let down occurs. Sometimes having a pic or thinking of your baby helps.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i have low supply so about 20 min
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 7:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When I was breastfeeding it took about 5 minutes to get a ounce. Every woman is different so don't compare to others.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• oh i know, thats why i asked for each person personally... im just curious
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Wow, farrahann is FAST. I ONLY pump and feed, so I'm on a pump all day it feels like. I pump every 3 hours and get 3-5 ounces each time and it takes me about 10 mins-15 mins probably. Maybe a couple mins for the first ounce...it usually comes out pretty fast.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When I first started, I could get about 8 ounces out of each side within 10-15 minutes. But that didn't last long....
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 8:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am a full time pumper too and I pump for 20 minutes each time every 2-3 hours...I get 3 ounces also. But it usually comes out in the beginning and the mid-end nothing...I need to build my supply up and trying like hell to do it....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• it took me about 15 min and i would get 4-6 oz
    AmelieH

Answer by AmelieH at 8:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When I was pumping, I would pump every 2 hours and get about 5 ounces per breast in about 5-6 minutes? I have a dual, electric pumper so I can do both at once in about 5-6 min and have 10 ounces.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I use the lansinoh dual pump on its strongest and fastest setting. I typically pump in the middle of the night when I can't sleep because I'm too full.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009