Due do the state of the economy what have you cut back?

Movies,Out to dinner, Clothes ect...

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• All of the above.
    We've made a lot of serious cuts since I stopped working, though.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• um, we don't do any of those things mentioned...haven't for some time. those are luxeries in my eyes. when we DO have to shop for clothes, we hit yard sales and thrift stores. food...anything that can streach several meals. it may get boring but that's the way it's gotta be. entertainment = more family time. (parks, planting, make believe, picnics) in that aspect, i'm happy!
    Anonymous

• I cut cupons, canceled netflix and only go out once a week to eat. I'm looking into getting rid of our house phone and just using our cell. Even trying to sell my car until things get better. I have not been shopping in months.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• steph have you looked into vonage? We love our vonage!
    We also got rid of our expensive cellphones and went with pre-paid ones. Now we spend about $20 a month for my husband and I to both have a cellphone(for emergencies only, of course.)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We are not putting anything into our 401K or is that -401ks...
    We are tucking more under our mattress because the FDIC sounds like it is heading for trouble.
    I am stock piling dry goods and we are getting ready to relandscape allowing for a large garden and less grass to water...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We just cut back by saving our fun money and getting the kids involved in helping with cutting coupons, watching sales flyers for things they want, and getting our seeds for the garden (inlo of buying plants)... We have really used this as a teaching moment. It is amazing how when yu make a game out of saving, you can REALLY save a lot!!! My business went to a screaching hault in January, but it was used more to pay for healthcare costs since the kids and I goto civilian Drs. But I have a "nest egg" and am working on my masters. Carpe Diem!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Thankfully we have been blessed with my husbands busiest months ever at work (tattoo artist) so we have been able to get grow our savings a little bit. Thankfully people seem to have not cut tattoos out of their budget.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 8:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well we don't normally get the luxury of buying new clothes, going out to dinner, etc. We live very simply. For us we have cut out a lot of meats and have moved on to cheaper foods that stretch further. We also have cut out our Starbucks.....Our only vice.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I wish I clipped coupons. I always think about it, but I don't even get the newspaper or anything, so I rarely even see them. We cut back on any wasteful spending on things we don't need. We don't just "go shopping" on the weekends anymore unless it's a rare occasion. Our family trips have been revolving around free events or fairly cheap ones; hard to do since we live right next to the attraction capital of the world and almost everything costs a fortune, lol! We don't eat out as much and I don't spend too much money on junk that's unnecessary at the grocery store either. Just things like that. We don't feel the effects in any horrible manner though; in some ways it's a good lessson for living on a stricter budget and once money is flowing in more we will be a little more efficient in saving it and putting it towards things of use.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 8:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• NOTHING...I JUST CANT...I GUESS THATS WHY IM ALWAYS BROKE
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009