why do i feel so bad??

im going to have a baby sitter tonight for at the MOST 8 hours probably more like 3-5 and i breastfeed but i will be pumping tonight for her to eat, and i feel really guilty for giving her a bottle, even if it does have mybreastmilk in it.

why do i feel so guilty? did anyone else feel like this?

she was supplemented in the hospital at first so she has taken a bottle, i just feel realllyy horrible im not sure why...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• One or two bottles will not hurt her and she is still getting the great benefits of breastmilk. Don't feel bad, you are taking time for yourself so that you can come back a better mommy. She will be fine, no worries!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Just like the above answer, you need time for you to be the best mommy you can be. That means baby gets a bottle once in a while and that's ok! When my little guy was just 10 days old, he took to bottles of pumped milk just as easily as the breast and getting Daddy to do just one feeding so I could sleep a solid 4-5 hours made me a better mom and I would do it like that all over again!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2009