Hamburger Helper?

how do you make hamburger helper? not the boxed kind.. but a home-made deal... plz dont' send links to sites. i can easily look on google too..
i just want other moms opinions

Sunshine172

Asked by Sunshine172 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If I don't have the box kind I use Macaroni and cheese, hamburger and extra cheese.....Still yummy!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i make mine like a strognof brown the hamburger with some onion drain off fat add cream of mushroom soup and sour cream and noodles. sorry i cant tell u how much of each cause i just throw it all toghther and have never reallly measured how much hope thlis helps some
    lovestobowlmom

Answer by lovestobowlmom at 8:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I cook my macaroni (or whatever pasta was on sale, lol) then brown my hamburger (or turkey, again, whatevers on sale, this is very versitile) with some onion and garlic and sometimes celery and carrots if I'm feeling froggy or they need to be used up, then drain. I add my macaroni and noodle to the same pot, add cream of mushroom soup, velveeta, and a little milk if needed. I also add a few spices like oregano, crushed red pepper, regular pepper, lol, again, whatever makes it's way into the pot. It tastes so much better than boxed IMO and is cheaper. you can buy a whole box of pasta for whatthey charge for that box (that really only feeds two in my family anyway)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• macaroni and beef* sorry, not macaroni and noodle, I'm pregnant, please excuse me.lol
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i'm pregnant too lol i understand the placenta brain :P
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I use wide egg noodles and brown the beef with some chopped onions. 1 can of cream of mush soup, some sour cream (usually a heaping spoonful to taste) and some milk to get the texture I want plus LOTS of salt and pepper (maybe some garlic salt etc....)
    So easy, SO yummy, SO cheap and my hubby's favorite. Imagine that. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Mac and cheese, 1 can of cream of mushroom, cook hamburger meat with salt, pepper, garlic and onion. after meat is done add to Macand Cheese--that has been cooked as per instructions. Add the mushroom soup and then it is ready--or you can throw it in the oven for about 10 min. We never wait. it is really good.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• in a jumbo skillet brown ground beef with onion,celery and green pepper 1 lb meat for every 4 people and as much of the other 3 ingredients as you like.
    drain fat and add
    1 cup per four people of elbow macoroni and a cup of water
    1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes and 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
    1 1/4 cup steak sauce ( A1 is best)
    Simmer over low heat without lid for 20 miuntes
    season to taste with pepper and parsley while cooking
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Hamburger Helper

1 lb. ground beef
    1 pkg. onion soup dry mix
    1 sm. can beef broth
    6 oz. noodles
    1 can water
    Brown ground beef and soup mix together. Drain off fat. Add all other ingredients and cook until noodles are tender.

You can also change this by adding about a cup of Velveeta cheese
    after everything gets cooked-it melts in really well.

Another Hamburger Helper
    6 oz. pasta noodles
    1 onion, diced
    1/2 green pepper, diced
    4 Tablespoons butter
    1 lb. hamburger
    1-15oz can diced tomatoes or tomato sauce
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 teaspoons beef base or 2 beef bouillon cubes
    Prepare noodles as package directs. Sauté onions and green pepper in butter. Add hamburger meat: stir until browned. Add tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, add pasta,
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Cheesy Mac and Beef

1 lb. ground beef
    1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
    1 cup water
    8 oz. ( or 2 cups) elbow macaroni
    1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
    1/4 cup processed cheese sauce (Cheeze Whiz)
    8 oz. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    Preheat large saute pan (or electric skillet) on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place ground beef in pan and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, until no pink remains.

Stir in broth, water, and macaroni; bring to a boil. Cook 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid is mostly absorbed and macaroni is soft and tender.

Stir milk into pasta; remove from heat. Stir in both cheeses until smooth and melted. Serve. (Makes 6 servings)
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2009