Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone heard of antifreeze accid. sprayed on someone..

and trace amount in mouth but on face and chest. What can happen? BF mom. Poison center says will be okay based on description..rinsed face and mouth, then showered. How toxic?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (5)
  • WTF?!?!?!? You sprayed your baby with antifreeze acid and didn't rush him to the ER? You should be in the ER checking things out not acting dumb on cafemom and not even typing correctly.

    Answer by navy-wife at 8:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • i am not understanding your question? did your baby get atifreeze on him/her? i think antifreeze is deadly. if its your baby get your @$$ to the ER NOW!!!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • Do I understand the question correctly--that you accidentally got antifreeze spray on you and you're worried that it will somehow get into your breastmilk? If so, I think you will be ok. I've had to call Poison Control when one of my little ones managed to get into something they shouldn't have. They have all the information about chemicals and the various reactions they can cause. If there were imminent danger, they'd have suggested you go to the emergency room. If it was just trace amounts in your mouth and you washed your skin right away, everything should be fine.

    Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 9:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • yes texa that is the question, so sorry I confused people. I didn't wash right away probably 1 hour later as I was at an auto care shop. thanks.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

  • spelling is abbrev fyi. accid. = accidently

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.