• In the Spotlight:

baby shower + due date = ?

well i decided to have my baby shower next month on the 4 to give me enough time to get everything right on track and my due date is april 13th and i was wondering could i have the baby before my baby shower i hope not... oh yea i am 34 weeks almost 35...should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is very possible that you could be in labor at that time! Their is nothing you can do to stop the labor process! If your body feels its time then its time! I wouldnt worry though, you can always do it after you have your baby! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You could, but I wouldn't worry about it. I had my shower a month before my due date, just so I had plenty of time to get organized and get the rest of stuff I needed.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think you will be fine. Most first babies are late anyway. If anything, you may be uncomfortable and tired. Even if you have the baby before your shower, you can always reschedule. It may even be more fun to open gifts with the baby there anyway. If anyone has anything vital that you need to give to you as a gift (like furniture or a bassinett) that you'll need as soon as you come hope from the hospital, your family can ask that guests drop those gifts off at their home so you can get them as soon as you get home from the hospital.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i had my shower 2 weeks before my due date
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My friend had her baby shower after her baby was born. On purpose. She lives out of state and couldn't travel while pregnant. The baby was a few weeks old when they had the shower. I actually think it was better than normal ones. That way you get to see who you're giving presents to. :)
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 8:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I had my baby shower on April 6th last year and I was scheduled for a c-section on April 22nd... but I ended up having to get him out sooner on the 16th. So I only had 10 days to prepare, lol. But it worked out fine.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i had my baby shower in oct and my dd was born in dec so i was looking at all her stuff for 2 months this time i had it on the 15 of feb 2wks before my due date and im now 4 days passed it i wish i had done it a lil sooner cause i was so tired and uncomfortable during the whole shower
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2009