Anyone who is or has a spouse in the air force...

...did you regret it or did they regret it? What are the pros and cons? My dh is considering joining...

Briyawna

Asked by Briyawna at 8:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my hubby is in. it is the BEST choice we ever made. message me anytime and i will give you any info you need.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My hubby's been in over 12 years, and we LOVE IT!!!

It was a decision that we made together when when we were engaged. We talked to the recruiter together, and we BOTH asked lots of questions.

ANY questions that you have, feel free to message me. I LOOOOOVE being an Air Force wife!!!
    bamabellemommy

Answer by bamabellemommy at 8:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Any regrets at all?
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 9:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No regrets here. My hubby's been in the AF for almost 12 years, and it's been the best decision we ever made. We've gotten to travel, we have security in his job, the pay only goes up, never down, our kids are able to go to school on the base which I feel is safer than a lot of public schools, we get free medical through Tricare Prime at military facilities, we have great dental insurance, the housing allowance just went up so if you decide to buy a house or rent off base the payment should be enough to cover rent or mortgage (but we live on base because we enjoy the sense of community), the commissary and bx are great for shopping. And the deployments in the Air Force tend to be a lot shorter than in any other branch of the military. We've lived in Nebraska, Guam, Spain, and Washington State so far and are loving every minute of it (though there are definitely winters I wish I didn't live in WA lol!) PM me for more info!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009