HELP

When should i pack my overnight bag and what should i pack? 34 WEEKS HERE!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pack it when you feel its necessary.
    as for what to pack, pack whatever you feel like you will need or google hospital bag and there are some good checklists on there.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I started packing mine as soon as the baby was considered "viable" (22 weeks). I packed three pairs of sweat pants, three nursing tank tops with three zip-up sweatshirt tops. I packed my own maternity underwear (they DO give you fake, hopsital underwear, but I hate it! lol). I packed a brush, my iPod, shampoo and soap. A hair brush, a comfy robe (makes walking the halls less embarassing and revealing lol). I packed socks and slippers and flipflops (to wear in the shower). I brought my nursing pillow (definitely bring your own pillow. Put it in a colored pillow case so the hospital doesn't think it's one of their pillows). I brought my cell phone....and camera. That's about it. I didn't pack a whole lot. I didn't even need my son's diaper bag because you get to take all of the freebies from the hospital home with you.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You should also bring a folder or binder of some sort with you. They'll give you loads of information and forms and records to take home with you. It's stuff you want to keep nice (like your baby's medical record). I brought a folder to keep it all in so it wouldn't get messed up on the way home from the hospital.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would pack at 38 or so weeks. You can look at the checklists, but I think there is much more on there than what you need. I would reccomend: toiletries (that after labor shower will be the best of your life), socks and/or house shoes, comfy going home outfit for you, going home outfit for baby, camera, your own underwear if you want, but I preferred the hospital ones since things are still kinda flowing heavy. The hospital really provides everything else. You are going to be bleeding heavy and sore so you really won't be wanting to get all gussed up everyday. And if you got there when you are in labor then you won't need anything to pass the time. GL!!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Pack now. I can't really provide input as to what to bring, as I never did get mine together. At just shy of 34 weeks my twins arrived. Went from doc visit right into the hospital.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009