He asked me to...

We have been together for 5 years and we always talk about marriage but now he says why dont I buy him a ring and ask him to marry me. Should I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• thats what my husband said to me also... And I didn't really like that, because it made me feel like he wasnt dedicated to me or something? My opinion... But after 6 years of dating he did indeed pop the question!
    Anonymous

• i didnt buy a ring but i asked my dh to marry me. he said yes and its been 4 years. as long as you know he would then no pain right. go for it and good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If you are in love ,and believe he is the right man than do it. I proposed to my husband. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

cstanton625

Answer by cstanton625 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I asked my hubby to marry me, of course he didnt suggest it, but 18 years later we are still together and very happy...But I am one of those strong minded females, if I want something I go get it, type of gal, I dont follow the social norms for women, never have, never will.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I proposed to my husband!!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Ha mine said the same thing. I said I'm not against doing it, but it just kinda sounds like HE doesn't wanna pay for the ring, he wants me to! So f*ck that.
    Anonymous

• yup. I think it's sweet

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I proposed to my husband too! I'd tell you the story- but it's totally not romantic.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009