Favorite "green" cleaners?

What are your favorite "green" (especially homemade) household cleaners? What are your recipes for said products??

madelyns_momma

Asked by madelyns_momma at 8:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Baking Soda and Vinegar ...maybe a little bit of lemon on occasion. ...those 3 things can clean the whole house.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yup. What outstandingLove said. I don't buy cleaners anymore. I can get a gallon of vinegar for $3, a box of baking soda for $.97 and clean my house for at least six months. Why would I spend $4 on a bottle of cleaner that lasts a month???
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Me too, I get the giant jug of vinegar, do one part vinegar 4 parts water and a drop of dish soap (Method or 7th Gen), lasts forever, cleans everything and I actually love the smell =) I've been using this for a couple of years now and now the smell of toxic cleaners make me SICK.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Baking soda and vinegar, like the previous moms said!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Baking soda and vinegar and I make my own laundry soap!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• vinegar and water for window washing.. baking soda and also vinegar in the wash to elimate ordor
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I agree that vinegar rocks and I still use it in things like my espresso machine. However, I recently switched to Melaleuca's brand of cleaners for everything from laundry to dishes to bathroom cleaners to disinfectants...and love them! No toxic chemicals or phosphates. They're super concentrated so they last longer and no strong smells! And though they cost more than vinegar & baking soda, the company sends me a thank-you cheque each month just for shopping there. Pretty soon that cheque will be paying for all my purchases! No other store can match that offer!
    mamacitax4

Answer by mamacitax4 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009