If your husband possibly fathered a child 14 years before he meet you and say that child is now asking for a DNA test. Would you tell your husband he could not take the test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• You keep calling or writing and you demand that test. You have every right to know if he is your biological father. Who cares what his new wife thinks? It's none of her business. This is YOUR life. You stand up for your rights. Send him a certified letter if you feel better doing it that way.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Uh, on waht grounds do you have the right to depribe a child from his father? Of course I would "allow" my husband to take the test. This child did not do anything wrong nor ask to be brought into this world. He has a responsiblity tot ake the test and I would FORCE my hubby to.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No, if that might be his child he has the right to know. WHY would you tell him he could not take it?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would never tell my husband he could not take it, I woud MAKE him take it. That child is his responsibility even if it was 14 years ago.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No. Why? If I were that child, I'd feel like I have every right to know who my father is and I'll be damned if he wife try to stand in the way of that. It's not like he cheated, and even though it might still hurt to find something like that out, it's not right to keep him from it.
    Anonymous

• A. Why would I want to stop a child from knowing his father?

B. What right would I have to tell my husband 'no'?
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am the child. I am 26 and I don't know my father. I couldn't get a hold of him at his home number so I called his mother and asked her if she thought he would take the test and she said "no his wife wouldn't let him, she would not like it at all". They have been together since I was like 14. I just now got the guts to get a hold of him and ask for a dna.
    Anonymous

• LADIES, come on! She just asked. NO reason to sound a little mean about it.

But yes, you should make him take. It his responsiabilty for whipping it, not tarping, and creating a child.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 9:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• GO FOR IT!!!! Don't let grandma wise words get in the way. She doesn't know what new wife would or wouldn't let him do.
    Anonymous

• You have a right to know if he IS you dad, and he has the right to know the same, dont worry about what the old lady told you and dont bother with the wife, go straight to him, does he even know about you? If he doesnt, he might be alittle bit shocked, talk to him. I wish you the best! good luck in your search.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009