How old were your kids when they started losing teeth?

mamahud

Asked by mamahud at 9:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When my kids were 7 ish was when thay finally started losing teeth. This bothered me, so i asked the dentist about it. He told me that the longer they have thier baby teeth, the healthier thier adult teeth will be.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• On average...around 6 years. My oldest daughter was 6 years, 2 months. My son was 5 years, 11 months and my middle daughter was 5 years, 7 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• jeez my son is about to be 7 and hasnt lost any yet
    jennland25

Answer by jennland25 at 1:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My ds is going to be seven next month and he lost his first tooth in January. He was so excited, he thought he was NEVER going to lose one! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son started losing teeth at 6.  They started coming out in the same order they came in.  He was so dissapointed that he still had all his teeth for school pictures.  He lost his first tooth a week a later.

tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My DS (6) lost his first 2 teeth within 30 minutes of each other this past October... However, my DD (5) has her first wiggly tooth.

I asked our pediatrician about it when DS was the only child in Pre-K that hadn't lost a tooth yet and they said that it depends on when the teeth came in, how well they're cared for, how quickly the new teeth are going in... etc. etc. etc.

Also, don't worry about if the new teeth start growing in before the babies are lost. (Per our pediatric dentist). The new teeth will push out the old. DS had new teeth for 5 months before the babies fell out.

Don't worry about it. It'll happen when it happens. And if you're worried about it, don't be afraid to ask your child's doctor at their next check up.
    beckwife

Answer by beckwife at 1:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I teach first grade and usually at the beginning of first grade about half of the kids have lost at least 1 tooth. At this point in the school year, I think only 1 or 2 of my 21 students have not lost a tooth yet.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 3:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• my son is 7 and will be 8 may 25th he lost his two bottom teeth but hasnt lost his upper he has caps on them =[ and I cant wait for new teeth to come in if they ever do..(sighs)
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My dd1 was 6yrs 2 months when she lost hers... and then she lost her second 3 hrs later lol (the bottem 2) and then she lost her top two with in the next 3 weeks... I would ask your dentist if you are concerned.. Good luck! :-D
    mommas2CuteGirl

Answer by mommas2CuteGirl at 12:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my DS -- 5 last oct. just lost his 2 bottom front this month.
    my mom said to look at around what age they got their baby teeth -- early, prob. get adult early.
    She also said she thinks it gives you a heads up on when they may start puberty, early, "normal", or late blooming.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009