• In the Spotlight:

What is your craft of choice?

When did you get started in it? What do you love about it? Do you find that you'll spend money you shouldn't on it?

Knitting and needlefelting are my crafts of choice. I've also gotten into sewing a bit but I find that to be a big inconvenience because of having to go to my mothers to use her sewing machine. She doesn't keep it set up so it's a pain to always have to go, get it out, set it up, put it down, and clean up for only an hours worth of sewing.

I also scrapbook and do a lot of other artsy things...

madelyns_momma

Asked by madelyns_momma at 9:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Does witchcraft count? lol!

Sorry, I had to. I'm not a crafter at all!! I just couldn't ever get in to it... I like to paint though and pottery... But it's been a long time for both!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I love glass-I fuse and do torch work.
    I also like painting (I don't do it much these days)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I love knitting, but started to get into a habit of buying expensive (to me) yarn I wasn't using. I'm trying to force myself into using up more of my stash, including that same expensive yarn that's still in skeins in baskets.

Right. That is the plan, at least.

Just as soon as I finish my current project ;) On the bright side, I'm using really cheap Caron yarn because I want my afghan to be easily washed and lightweight.

I also scrapbook, but its much more time consuming in that I can't do something else while I'm in the process of doing it. Its also much more expensive than knitting, and just as easy to build up a supply stash.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I sew quilts and clothing and do needlepoint (counted cross stitch)...I got started on them way back in high school mainly because my mother didn't do them. Strange reason, I know.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I crochet/tat/macrame... i also sew/design clothes/quilt.... the sewing began when i was a wee little girl, and grew from there. i learned to crochet, following my g-ma's footsteps, mainly because it was practical. i couldn't afford the things i wanted, so i learned to make them.. i sketch a lot, thats the thing i do spend money on that i shouldn't, because it has no practical application. as it is, almost half of the clothes that i own, wear, or my children own are hand made... my dd is so slight that it is hard to find things that will fit her height and not fall off, so i have to altered all of them any way. i also do a little bit of metal work, but not much these days... and a little woodcraft as well... more of the weekend warrior projects though. but in all honesty, i love my yarn the best....

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I sew! I started with just quilts but I've really gotten into aprons, purses, pillows, totes, and stuff lately! I spend way too much money on patterns and quilt shop fabrics! My girlfriend and I always compare our ebay accounts each month to see who spent more. I also recently got an embroidery machine and I've been doing a lot of embroidery. I love to personalize things and I think it's starting to turn into a small business for me!
    Anonymous

• I've cross stitched for 30 years and it remains my craft of choice. I also crochet, knit, sew clothing and quilts, sketch, make things from plastic canvas, and do some woodworking.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I love puzzles!!
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 10:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Counted Cross Stitch 15 years ago
    Photography 10 years ago
    Scrap booking 5 years ago
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Photography, Quilting, Sewing, and a little Scrapbooking
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2009