How heavy and tall is your 2-1/2 year old girl?

I'm just beginning to wonder if my child really is the lead giant I'm beginning to think she is. Hahaha. She's not "fat" at all except for having a bigger set of thighs and larger tush, but both me and my mother have had that since day 1 as well. You can see pictures of her on my profile, but anyways...

She's 42 pounds and 38 inches tall. She will be 3 on June 24th. My mom keeps telling me that she's going to stop gaining weight for a few years and just keep getting taller. At her 2 year well child she was 36 pounds and 36-1/4". I was just really, really surprised when I weighed and measured her...what happen to my 5 pound newborn?!?!?!

madelyns_momma

Asked by madelyns_momma at 9:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 40 lbs and 39 3/4inches. i know how you feel. my daughter towers over all the other 2 1/2 year olds. shes awesome though i just hope she doesnt get made fun of when she starts school. she also has thick legs and a big booty. which i hope evens out later. but she is really trim so its amazing to me.
    Alina456

Answer by Alina456 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I have twin girls that are 2 yrs. and 3 months old and they weigh 30 lbs. and I have a son that is 14 months old and he weighs the same- I think once they really start walking around and running around a lot the weight will even out on all of them, none of them are big but my son is a little chunky, but he isn't walking all the time yet either, just starting too.
    twinsand2

Answer by twinsand2 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My 2 1/2 year old is 25 lbs...and 35 inches tall. She's really really tiny. 5% in height and 85% in weight. I guess neither of my kids have a chance in the world tho...I'm only 5'3" and my husband is 5'5" (tho he swears he's 5'7").
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Lilly's only 2 years and 4 months, so not a full 2 1/2, but she's only a little over 30lbs last I weighed her and 34" tall
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 12:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My dd will be 3 in may is 38 pounds and 39 inches. She is almost as tall as my friends 4 year old. and i know she weighs more. At 4 they are suppose to be 40 pounds 40 inches. lol. My 2nd DD was like this too she is 93 for wieght and 75 for height. she is 5.5. The doc said that as long as they grow on the same curves they are okay. And all my kids have grown on the same curve.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 6:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My daughter will be 3 on the 17th and she is also 42 lbs. I'm not exactly sure about her height. Everytime i take her to the doctor, he asks me if I have big people in my family. People think she and her older brother are twins.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• dd is 30 lbs and 35 in tall she'll be 3 sept 12 her dr said shes goin to be short and skinny like i was my niece will be 3 on 4 20 and is around 30 in tall and like 19 or 20 lbs
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2009