how can i stop

ok i smoke an i don't even like the taste of cigs but i CANT stop i have tried everything what can help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

• I was just like you and didnt even like the taste anymore after smoking for years. One day in November 2005 I thought to myself what am i doing? The money i was spending on ciggarettes i could be doing something else. I quit cold turkey and havent started back up. You can do it. I internet support you lol
    sparks8299

Answer by sparks8299 at 5:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• many people are different, it takes a lot of mental determination to make it through it. try picking up a new hobby, I had a girl friend who started sewing and she basically sewed her way through quitting.
    Anonymous

• I just quit cold turkey. My son ask me to quit so I did. I have been smoke free for 3 years on the 1st
    of March and I feel better than I ever had. I used sugar free candies and certs. It worked for me!
    Angelspellbound

Answer by Angelspellbound at 12:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I forced a friend of mine to sit down and google pictures of the lungs of smokers. It was totally unconventional but she was so scared that she was able to quit within a few weeks. It is sooooo hard..I know, I smoked. But if you are a mom, you have an obligation to your kids to be healthy. Maybe you could try to picture what would happen to them if something health related were to happen to you? If nothing else has worked, it's worth a shot. Good luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2009