I Dont Understand....

Ok. Ive been a member since before my son was born.
I tried BF it didnt work for us so I now FF.
Why is this such a big deal to people?
You baby is being fed and isnt dieing of hunger, so what does it truly matter how they get it as long as they are happy and healthy?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because people are very opinonated...and i am guilty of it too, but as far as BF it is best for the baby and atleast you gave it a try. I know people who didnt for selfish reasons (she didnt want her boobs to get saggy!) but i didnt grill her about it. I wanted to BF and my milk never came in. but again atleast your tried! That is what counts the most. and you are right as long as the baby is being fed! Dont let people get to you. When i wrote on here about being upset because i couldnt BF because i had breast reduction 10 years ago i got grilled and people told me that my milk came in and i am just selfish and should have tried harder...like its something you can "work" at! and that made me feel even worse until i realized that those women obviously had their own children issues!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It doesn't matter and it shouldn't be anyone's biz

Anonymous

• I bf 2 out of my 3 kids, the middle one was the one that I didn't. There is nothing wrong with your choice. Kids grow up healthy either way. What matters most is that you are comfortable with your decision. Either way your baby will pick up on your discomfort, adn that is worse than feeding formula in my opinion! I personally choose to bf my next one also, but honestly that is because I really hate washing bottles, I am cheap, and I can bf and sleep at the same time! Not for the medical benifits, cause I have a healthy ff baby already, it was just to much work! Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about it, your kids will do enough of that when they hit teenage years!
    Anonymous

• Because formula is extremely harmful while breast milk is 100% beneficial. Yet moms continue to choose "convenience" over the best interest of their children. Yes, formula feeding is still feeding. But that's a poor argument. We're not trying to just make sure our kids come out alive. We should be giving them the best of our abilities. That's why it's a big deal. Women say they try, but really hardly put in any effort if any into locating reliable help. A pediatrician is not reliable help. A certified lactation consultant, a La Leche League Leader, a trusted breastfeeding book, and a breastfeeding course are. Women who didn't utilize all these resources didn't try hard enough. But no one really cares. Bfing activists just wanna get the word out on how bad formula is and how much support is available for moms who really want it. But many moms think saying anything bad about formula is bashing another mom when it's not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I'm so sick of this whole "at least I'm feeding my baby and not starving him/her" crap. You shouldn't be going for the least, you should be going for the best. Choosing to FF is not best and knowing so many moms choose not to do the best for their kids is sad. That's why it matters.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Answered at 11:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009
    How is formula harmful??? A formula fed baby still get's the nutrition they need to survive and grow. We've been using formula for over a 100 years.

I feel it's the mother's choice wither to breastfeed or not, no one else is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• If it doesn't work it doesn't work...friend of mine just dried up after 2 months, someone else I know her kid wouldn't ever latch on no matter what she tried....some people are just waaay too opinionated and think you're giong to hell if you don't BF.Just do what you think is best and your baby will be fine....It doesn't make you a bad mommy....Im sick of hearing it too...I asked a question one time about supplementing b/c Im not producing a lot of milk anymore and I got bashed for 2 days....they just think their better than everyone. Don't worry, just do what is best for you both...Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Just b/c BM is better doesn't make formula a killer to babies...geez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• What if one day a formula is invited that is actually proven to be better than breast milk? Would mother's still breastfeed then? It probably won't happen but just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• A lot of moms feel passionately about how babies are fed. And if formula was a better product, you probably wouldn't hear so much hue and cry. It's really substandard when there's an FDA allowance for rodent fecal material in canned formula.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2009