Do you have a problem when a relationship consists of an older man with a younger woman?

Lets say a 15-25 yr. difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• no way,.i have been in a 20 year difference relationship and he was an amazing man,..it was all legal completly! i just think that he was amazing best friend,.lover and companion.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• 15 years isnt so bad, and depending on the ages 25 isnt either... i think i would raise an eyebrow at a couple with a 20 year old girl and a 45 year old man but i wouldnt really care
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i dont have a problem with it because its non of my business. i think it is wierd though. my step kids BM is 28 and her new hubby is around 45 (i am not sure the exact age but he is close to my uncles age). That is 17 years. The hubby has 18 and 15yr. old daughters. She is closer in age to both of them than she is her new hubby. It just seems wierd to me - especially since she is not the most mature person in the world.

but to each his own.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i am 24 and my hubbys is 35 we get along great and at time it is difficult but we love each other very much. so imo as long as you are over 18 do what makes you happy
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My DH is 37, I just turned 23. The only problems we have is our friends what we do for fun. Our interest are different when it comes to those two. Other than those, we have an alright marriage. I just hope we get through some other personal problems we are going through at the moment. :/
    Anonymous

• my sis is 22 and her dh is 36 he has 2 ex wives and 2 kids by each, i think when they got married he thought he had someone he could train because my sis is all up his but waits on him hand and foot and does this that the other wives wouldnt do. now that are expecting a child in aug. i sorta have a problem with it.
    Anonymous

• I am sure some relationships work on general principle so age wouldn't be a factor but. I have a problem with a young golddigger after a man's money who uses him just to be taken care of bc she's not ambitious enough to find her own way in life. I also have a problem with an older man wanting to find a young woman who he can mold into his Stepford Woman. But then again, it's really none of my business. If both parties are happy then so be it. I've dated men 20 yrs younger than me but would never consider a relationship with one. I've dated men 30 yrs older than me but again, knew it wouldn't be long term even if the sex was great. There were simply too many levels we didn't connect on. I have a best friend who is married to a man 20 yrs older than she is and they have been together for many years and happy as a lark so I guess it just depends on the people involved.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My daughters father is 14 years older than me. I was 20 and he was 34 when she was born. of course things didn't work out but it had nothing to do with our ages...we are still great friends and co-parent very effectively.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i think it depends on the people in the realtionship. i used to date much older guys but would never settle down with them, i dont want sleep with a 70 year till im around 70 lol
    Anonymous