Is it possible/how can we do it?

Okay...so my husband has decided that he wants to do more with his life than just be a tow truck driver for his dad's tow company (even though he makes decent money)...He wants to go back to school...One thing he is considering is joining the air force...but in case that doesn't work out and he ends up not joining....then have any of you out there that are stay at home moms had your husband's go back to school and also work...and still make ends meet...?? How did you do it...what did your dh's go to school for...Was it worth it?

Briyawna

Asked by Briyawna at 10:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes my hubby did for 18 months...it was hard because we didnt see him. he worked 2nd shift and went to school from 7-12 for electronics enginering. It was worth it however, i bitch every month about his school bills because they are about $300 a month for 20 YEARS!!!!!!! but yes it can be done as long as you are ok with only seeing him on weekends!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We are doing that right now! I think it is working because our rent is cheap, and we live with in our means. Marriage wise it is super super tough to have him gone for that long. We've made a list of our goals for the future and remind ourselves why this is worth it. Good luck to you and your husband!!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm not a SAHM, but Both me and my husband go to college full time. He works, mainly at night. I still have to find a job, but I get the GI bill (veteran) so it helps too.
    Your husband could go to school, join ROTC program and enlist in the National guard, get paid while going to school.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• He may be able to get a loan or other aid...check out FAFSA to see whether the deadline has passed in your state yet. FAFSA is the basic application for student aid.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2009