Have you ever had issues with your dog and your baby or older kids?

My son has been begging for a dog for a long time now. My husband and I are dog lovers and have been waiting for DS to grow and be more responsible before we got him a dog. Recently we decided to get our son a puppy for his birthday next month. We also have a 2 month old baby. This was a huge story in our community yesterday and it is absolutely sickening. Now I am really hesitating about getting a dog. I could barely even read this article I was so upset. I know something this severe is not common, but have you or someone you know had trouble with dogs and kids?

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepagetopstory/stories/mesa-local-news-030509-dog-kills-baby.5ca87c1.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pets

• no i havent heard any problems about dogs and kids. all my friends have dogs and young kids i have two dogs and a 16 month old. and he can climb on them and pull there hair the huskeys takes it keck today my son discovered my huskeys balls and pulled on it and he just walked away and the pom/jack mix just walks away. if your worried maybe a small dog can be good or do some research about breeds and see which one is best for kids. if i remeber right chows wern't good for kids cause of there temperments or something like. but then i did have a chow/retriver mix and she was a sweet dog even if she was abused as a pup(we got her at the pound)
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• oh and ive had dogs all my life to where i pulled there tails and swung there babies around with there tail mind you i was young myself.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2009