BUT WHAT IS THAT EPOTIC PREGANACY

WHAT IS THIS MEAN.

leticia623

Asked by leticia623 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WHAT IS THIS EPOTIC PREGNACY
    leticia623

Answer by leticia623 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• A pregnancy that developes outside of your uterus, usually in a fallopian tube. Alot of the time it will miscarry on it's own, but if it doesn't then you have to have it removed because if it continues to grow it will bust open and can kill you, or you can loose a tube out of it or even have a historectomy depending on how bad blood loss is. Fortunately it will hurt and you will notice signs of something wrong and if you dont ignore things then it is more often than not caught early enough to avoid the serious complications.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I had an ectopic pregnancy. It means pretty much any pregnancy that takes place outside of the uterus, most commonly in the fallopian tubes, but rarely, an egg can implant itself anywhere in the abdominal cavity. It is a rare occurrence, but can be devastating and deadly to the mother. If the pregnancy goes on too long it can cause internal bleeding that can kill the mother if the pregnancy is not terminated, or the embryo is implanted in to the uterus surgically, which is very dangerous and not commonly done. I lost my right fallopian tube due to ectopic pregnancy, it was very, very painful. If you are pregnant and you feel intense abdominal pain exclusive to one side, or one area that is tender to the touch go to the ER immediately.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Its a baby that is outside the uterus... in the fallopian tubes is most common. For two months I had no symptoms. I had a little bleeding here and there. THEN i woke up around the third month with VERY HEAVY BLEEDING and i literally crawled to my car, drove myself to my husbands work... i had to pull over like 3 times on the way there and he took me to the ER. I was 3 months pregnant in my left tube. It was the worst pain i'd ever experienced. UGH.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2009