Went to doctor...

Ok so I have a breast infection (had three now)and doctor said I cant nurse my 13month old 'cause of the antibiotics. I intended to wean anyways because he's a big boy now and its becoming too much of a hassle for both my son and I. How can I totally take him off without my son getting upset and my boobs going crazy?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would ask for something else, there are other meds out there. That is gonna hurt trying to wean cold turkey and with an infection already, goodness. What was he thinking...just assuming he is a guy cause no woman in her right mind would do something like that!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• deff not the way to wean...good way to get a mastis all over again. I would demand meds I could nurse with (most antibiotics you can). Weaning should be gradual.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I went through this with my Abbey. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I think it was harder on me then her. However she did not enjoy her cows milk at first even went a few meals with out eating I was so worried, you couldnt tell now, it well be hard on you and baby, like me and my Abbey but the truth is if we never had to stop cold turkey I would still be breast feeding her.
    canigetahifive

Answer by canigetahifive at 3:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• thank you for the replies. I have had three infections and went to the same doctor, she was giving me the other antibiotic but this time she said no for some reason, my guess is because I keep getting them I needed something else? My son only nurses three times a day mostly eats three big boy meals and drinks juices through out the day so night time is where it gets hard; plus he co-sleeps!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2009