Son's urine really strong smelling...

why and how can I fix this. He nurses really well along with drinking juices often. He;s 13months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has your child been sick or on an antibiotic? My daughters had real strong urine after being on amoxicillan for an ear infection, other reasons could be a UTI, not sure if boys get those though?
    SandyD78

Answer by SandyD78 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• To be on the safe side see your doctor it could be a UTI thats not normal, The exam is rough on baby and you so breathe, cause you well need to for you and baby.Most times a UTI well come with a fever but not always so call your doctor.
    canigetahifive

Answer by canigetahifive at 2:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Get rid of the juice and offer water instead. If he won't take it, add a splash of juice (and I literally mean a splash. Maybe a half ounce of juice to 8 oz of water).

My urine smells very strong when I haven't been drinking enough water. Don't know how much he is nursing, but if he isn't nursing a lot, he may not be getting enough water to flush his system.

Try this, and if it is still foul smelling after one day, take him to the Dr.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009